Search This Blog

CCE in brief

My photo
Recovering backpacker, Cornwallite at heart, political enthusiast, catalyst, writer, husband, father, community volunteer, unabashedly proud Canadian. Every hyperlink connects to something related directly or thematically to that which is highlighted.

Friday 17 October 2014

Terri Chu: What Leadership Is

 
"Great things are accomplished by great people who share a common goal.  One thing for certain is I’m surrounded by great people." - Terri Chu
 
Far too many people think politics is about picking fights - getting folks mad at a candidate or party so that they'll react against.  But that's not leadership.
 
Leaders point the way forward and inspire others to move in the same direction. 
 
I just received an email from Terri Chu, the candidate I'm supporting for Ward 20 Councilor.  The quote above was the closing sentence.  There was no specific cause for it - she just wanted to express gratitude to her team and send a bit of positive energy our way as we head into the last act of the campaign.
 
Things like this matter.  Leadership matters.
 
This is the sort of thing Terri just does, because she believes it matters - that the people on her team and in her community matter. 
 
I've worked with some pretty amazing leaders in my time; Terri is one of my favourites.  I don't say this because I'm supporting her for Council; it works the other way around.  Terri Chu has my support because she's a leader I believe in.
 
That's why I'm proud to be part of her team and am looking forward to seeing her on Council. 

Terri Chu is the kind of leader Toronto deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment