Search This Blog

CCE in brief

My photo
Recovering backpacker, Cornwallite at heart, political enthusiast, catalyst, writer, husband, father, community volunteer, unabashedly proud Canadian. Every hyperlink connects to something related directly or thematically to that which is highlighted.

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Deconstructing Partisanship


A wee bit briefer than my last deconstruction:


Even when what you about what I say I said is right.  If I think I am superior and therefore right, I will do whatever it takes to shut you down, until I realize the risk I've created for myself -unless I decide to double-down.

And that's how human conflict - partisan and bloody war both - happens.

Thankfully, that's not the end of the story.  It's not all conflict 'til the end of days.

Bridging the gap between our own minds and other minds requires colossal efforts of deliberation, humility and cooperation, but recognizing why this gap exists to begin with can help start us on our way.

And you know what that means...


No comments:

Post a Comment