Search This Blog

CCE in brief

My photo
Recovering backpacker, Cornwallite at heart, political enthusiast, catalyst, writer, husband, father, community volunteer, unabashedly proud Canadian. Every hyperlink connects to something related directly or thematically to that which is highlighted.

Tuesday 26 November 2013

I See You




"Look at me", we say.  Look at me.

Look at my problems.  Look at my needs.  Look at what I can do, what I can't do, what I have to offer, what I want from you.

"Look to yourself", we say.  

Sort our your own problems.  Be your own agent.  Prove to me you've got something worth my time, but don't waste it.

We expect the world to function from the outside in, with us at the centre.  We often expect others to function the same way, putting themselves at the centre of their own worlds.

Yet we live in one world, on common ground.  When an each man for himself approach doesn't work,    we get frustrated the world isn't fair.

But ask yourself - how often do we see each other?

Flip the circle; start from where you stand and start exploring beyond.  Live consciously.

We aren't each the centre of separate universes.  We're part of something much bigger than the sum of its parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment