Search This Blog

CCE in brief

My photo
Recovering backpacker, Cornwallite at heart, political enthusiast, catalyst, writer, husband, father, community volunteer, unabashedly proud Canadian. Every hyperlink connects to something related directly or thematically to that which is highlighted.

Sunday 28 July 2013

GR Rules for Lawyers

 
Are there different rules around government relations/lobbying for lawyers than there are for standard GR practitioners? 
 
The reason I ask - doing some research, as I'm prone to do, I've come across a prominent lawyer who plays a significant role in a political party.  This lawyer lists a growing GR practise on their website, yet has no entries on either the provincial or federal lobby registries for the past seven years or so.
 
It could be intentional; it could also be an oversight due to negligence.  I'm hoping it's the former, but if that is the case I hope this doesn't get blamed on staff - there's been enough of that going around, here and here for just two examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment