Search This Blog

CCE in brief

My photo
Recovering backpacker, Cornwallite at heart, political enthusiast, catalyst, writer, husband, father, community volunteer, unabashedly proud Canadian. Every hyperlink connects to something related directly or thematically to that which is highlighted.

Sunday 24 June 2012

Dance, Dance Evolution




In my younger years, I volunteered for an international dance festival in my home town of Cornwall.  Folk groups from around the world would come and perform for local audiences, telling them a little about the individual dances, the culture, etc.  It always struck me as interesting how much dance played a role in social connectivity/mate selection, from these folk dances down to "my dance card is full" to, of course, the meat markets of today.

Is this a coincidence?  Does human dance behaviour have anything in common with lekking?  We're in the process of finding out.



No comments:

Post a Comment